Hi thanks for your interest in our website. We believe in being transparent about what data we collect and how we use it. We believe that our policies and procedures are compliant with current and future NZ Privacy Laws, however, we may update our policy and this page at any time without additional notice being given. If we do update this page, we will update the “Last Update Date” date.
If you have questions (or issues with our site), you may like to read our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page.
Last Updated: August 2020
Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.whitewolfjourneys.com/ The publisher of this website is White Wolf Journeys
What data we collect and why we collect it
In general, you can visit our website without providing any personal information. We usually collect information when you contribute or engage in any of the following parts of our website;
If you leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form: name, email, your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to this website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Contact Forms & Newsletter Sign Up
If you contact us via the contact form on our website, we will collect and store the data you’ve supplied in a secure server environment and we will also pass this data through various “cloud” servers and services in order for it to reach the intended recipient, so that they can receive your message and reply accordingly. You may also be prompted to join our newsletter and if you do so, we will collect and store the information you’ve provided, for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Analytics & other diagnostics
This site utilises multiple analytics and diagnostics services to help us to improve the overall experience for all users. All information is anonymized before storage and processing begins.
If we have a shop on this site and you you visit our shop, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping (if relevant)
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping (if relevant) before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings and operations
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
Server log files
The website provider automatically collects and stores information that your browser automatically transmits to us in “server log files”. These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
- IP address
We take our customer’s data seriously and have secured this website with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, that encrypts sensitive information transmitted between your computer and our website servers.
Any information you do provide (for example; your address, phone number, name and email address when creating an account) will never knowingly be sold or passed on by us to any third parties. We hold all data in the strictest of confidence, on a secured server. For additional security, we encrypt some sensitive information such as passwords.
In terms of any online payment system, if one exists on this site, we do not have access to, nor do we store or retain any of your Credit Card details, since all of our payments are processed off-site through a heavily encrypted payment gateway.
We take measures, including data encryption, to protect the transmission of all sensitive end-user information. We make reasonable efforts to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party ‘hackers’ from illegally obtaining this information. We take all reasonable measures to prevent such breaches of security, but given the resourcefulness of cyber-criminals we are unable to guarantee that our security is 100% breach-proof. You assume the risk of such breaches to the extent that they occur despite our reasonable security measures
Who we share your data with
We do not knowingly share your data with any unauthorised third party.
We may share your data across our team members (and this includes our trusted third party service providers) purely to provide the product(s) and / or service(s) you have requested, or to provide the best experience for you on the site.
Members of our team may have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and;
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information;
- Submitted form information and comments.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
How long we retain your data
Data is retained indefinitely. This is so we can provide the appropriate services.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you join up to our newsletter, some of your information (e.g. name, email, location etc) will be transferred to our Newsletter Provider.
Data is typically sent / received / transmitted and stored “in the cloud” through e.g. our webhosting provider, cloud email / data providers (Google, Microsoft etc) and any other related 3rd party service provider(s) that we (or our trusted partners) have contracted with to supply services that enable us to run our business, perform our services, or deliver products and services to you that you’ve requested.. Such providers may be located in New Zealand, Australia, UK , USA – or elsewhere. In this regard, we expect and understand that such providers perform their duties securely, safely and in a manner that complies with the current and future NZ Privacy Laws.
- If any information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us to request that it be updated.
- If you decide not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide products and or services to you via the website and you will need to communicate with us via other means.
- If at any time, you wish to be removed from our newsletter or public areas of our site, you may request that and we will respect your wishes.
- You also have the right to request a copy of the information we have on record for you. You may also request that data be deleted.
- If you are an existing customer, you can close your account, subject to additional terms that may apply concerning the access and processing of your data.
Cancellation / Returns & Refunds Policy
Please make your purchase carefully as we are unable to provide refunds. If you are unsatisfied, please do contact us and we will respond to you accordingly.
Errors & Omissions
We try very hard to ensure the product you’ve purchased will be the closest match to that described on this website. However, from time to time, differences do sometimes occur from that depicted. If you wish to report a problem, please contact us.
By signing up and joining our membership programme, you are giving permission for photographs that are taken at events and at other ‘get togethers’ and gatherings to be published where appropriate, for example in our newsletter, on our private Facebook group and website.
General Website Terms & Conditions
1) By accessing this website, you agree that we, and those officially recognised as associated to or party to this website (hereinafter referred to collectively as “the publisher”) cannot be held responsible for any error, omission, fault or inaccuracy and shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused to any user / party.
1b) If any product or service is sold online via this site (“order”) that we believe to have an error or a considerable discrepancy against the usual price, shipping cost or availability – whether through our fault or as a fault of any other system or integrated third party software – we shall reserve the right to cancel such order(s), refund monies paid and apologise for any inconvenience, instead of fulfilling said order(s).
2) All comments / contributions made by users to this website (either those with an account or not) in public areas (e.g. comments, testimonials, reviews etc) are the sole legal responsibility of the person posting them and may not reflect the opinion of the publishers.
3) The publishers reserve the right to amend, change, delete or modify as appropriate, any information or detail on one or all pages of this website (including, but not limited to, pricing, product description, quantity and availability, shipping options, comments or reviews by users) without notification, at any time.
4) All information, documents, photo’s, illustrations, pictures, images, and all media, words, ideas, trademarks, designs and concepts contained within this website shall remain the property and copyright of the publishers and may not be copied, duplicated, screen-grabbed, borrowed, hired, lent, linked to (via hyperlink), distributed, broadcast or used in any way, without express written permission. All Rights Reserved.
5) All trademarks, logos and materials belonging to any third party (whether expressly specified or not) displayed on this site, shall remain the property and copyright of the respective owning entity.
The information provided on this Website is intended for general guidance only. Users of the information contained on this website must make their own assessment of the suitability and appropriateness of the information described for their particular use and conditions.
To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- All warranties, representations and guarantees (whether express, implied or statutory) are excluded, including without limit, suitability, fitness for purpose, accuracy or completeness of this website or the content on, or accessed through, it; and
- You use this site at your own risk. In no event shall the publishers be liable for any damage or loss, arising out of your use or inability to use this website, or anything contained within it.
If you need any assistance, or would like clarification on any of the above, please contact us.